- Automated Operation: AEDs are designed to be user-friendly, often providing voice prompts and visual instructions to guide even untrained bystanders through the process.
- Heart Rhythm Analysis: The device can analyze the heart’s rhythm and determine whether a shock is necessary to restore a normal heartbeat.
- Electric Shock Delivery: If the analysis indicates the need for intervention, the AED delivers a controlled electric shock to the heart, aiming to reset its rhythm.
- Portability: AEDs are compact and portable, making them suitable for use in various settings, including homes, public spaces, schools, and workplaces.
- Safety Measures: AEDs are equipped with safety features to ensure that shocks are delivered only when needed, minimizing the risk of unnecessary interventions.
- Accessibility: Having an AED onsite provides immediate assistance in case of sudden cardiac arrest.
Register for a Class